Re: gcj and --classpath

>>>>> "Adam" == Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@mit.edu> writes:

Adam> I'm trying to build a large Java program using gcj-3.0, which compiles
Adam> using "-classpath a.jar:b.jar:c.jar", but I get lots of errors saying
Adam> that classes like String are missing.

Before 3.1, -classpath overrode the internal "boot" classpath.  I
forget if this was a bug or whether it was compliance to some earlier
JDK approach.

So for 3.0 try using `--CLASSPATH'.  Or use `-I', which I've always
found to be much simpler than working through the maze of
classpath-setting options.

In 3.[12] -classpath doesn't override the boot classpath, and we added
-bootclasspath to do that.

Tom