Jikes busted up good - not suitable for sarge

Package: jikes
Tag: sid
Severity: serious

The new version of Jikes, namely 1.16, is not suitable for release.
It contains some strange miscompilation errors. My current strategy
is to attempt to fix them and/or use the upstream patches to fix these
bugs.

If we get close to the next release (sarge) and jikes continues to be
broken, then it will be downgraded back to another, differently
broken version 1.15 that's currently in testing.

For now, if you are compiling something that is to be released, please
use jikes from testing.

In the mean time, if you find bugs that haven't been reported yet, please,
report them with minimal source code to reproduce the bug. If patch is
available please provide it.

Thank you,
Adam