dummy java2-runtime in sid?

There appears to be no dummy package to provide java2-runtime in sid?

So I can no longer install junit, or jikes etc:

    wafer:~# apt-get install junit
    Reading Package Lists... Done
    Building Dependency Tree... Done
    or been moved out of Incoming.

    that package should be filed.

      junit: Depends: java2-runtime but it is not installable or
                      j2re1.3 but it is not installable
    E: Sorry, broken packages

This has been like this for at least 2 or 3 weeks - which is much longer
than my normal wait for sid to get better?

What's the story?  Have I missed some fundamental change?

thanks

--
Greg Wilkins<gregw@mortbay.com>          GB  Phone: +44-(0)7092063462
Mort Bay Consulting Australia and UK.    Mbl Phone: +61-(0)4 17786631