Re: [ANNOUNCE] JBoss 2.4.7 debs for public consumption

Adam,

I agree that it sounds easiest if you do the packaging and then tell me
what you need changed in the release to support it.

I've seen some of the JBoss resistance to changing things for debian, but
I think thing can be progressed there step by step.

As for Jetty performance, which versions were you comparing?

The Jetty 4.0.x series does have a few BIG performance issues over the
older 3.1.x series.   These were added to accomodate all the new bells
and whistles in the 2.3 servlet spec.    Unfortunately I think that
Jasper (the JSP engine) tickles some of these issues a bit.

However, the Jetty 4.1.x series has fixed all these performance issues
and gone a few steps further. It is now faster than 3.1, even when using
the 2.3 mechanisms.   4.1 is in JBoss head and will be in stable releases
soon.

For normal servlets (2.2 specification stuff), Jetty has always outperformed
Tomcat in all comparisons that I have seen.

Besides - if you are interested in performance, why use JSPs :-)

cheers