Re: CLASSPATH and Jikes

Hi Adam,

well I think that initially only the bootclasspath and the classpath for the
main packages (java.**, javax.**, ...) should be specified by debconf. So
your suggestion [1] Kaffe ... is quit allright but then you have your
compiler not running out of the box because many people use a big variety of
libs for their programs (just think about xml or all the apache libs). To
find the different libs by parsing would be a good idea when there is a
locate db then it's also fast. If there were found several libs then the user
should choose those with a checkbox UI. Then you could export the users most
preferred cp. Maybe you could create a script which can easely adopted to
changing needs. Where you list all found java-libs then the developer can
choose by commenting/uncommenting the needed/not needed libs. These are only
suggestions by an unexperienced debian user but maybe you can use some of
these aspects.

ciao,
Stefan