your voices needed

Hello Debian folks.

If you follow apache java projects mailing list, you'll have noticed two
important discussions recently:
- a tomcat4 developper attacked jpackage project for providing binary
packages of Sun BCL-licensed software, but never answered to our explanations
request
- as they are currently cleaning their cvs from non-free binaries, we
proposed to clean up all binaries, and provide explicit dependencies instead.

The first discussion happened on tomcat-dev, and we are currently waiting for
an official Sun response. There isn't much to do currently, but i guess you
should be interested in outcome.
The second happens on general lists, and is currently running. Some people
see duplicating binaries everywhere as a java progress, so we have to explain
why it is a nasty habit. As you seems to be concerned also (i'm refering to
the "TOP INCLUDING EXTERNAL JARS IN YOUR JAVA PACKAGES!" thread), you should
jump on the occasion to advocate directly developpers...
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html