libldap-java package

I'm wondering about a few things concerning the libldap-java package.

I noticed that the install puts the .jar files in /usr/share/java.
Many .jar files that are extensions to java go in the .../jre/lib/ext directory.
A couple of examples would be jsse and mm.mysql.

Should not this package be installing in the same directory?
Am I not understanding how things work? Is this a Debian policy issue?

I would really appreciate any light that might be shed on this subject.
I hope this is not too obvious a question th ask.

Thanks,
J.R.

--
J.R. Westmoreland  (W7JR)