Java Classpath builder

Hi,

I have made a Debian package containing an experimental java classpath builder (I have posted a large email about that topic last week). It does not yet resolve complex dependencies, it's just a point to start at, to give you an impression of what I'm planning for debian-java.

If you want to test it, download and install the following package:

ftp://ftp.leanedit.org/debian-java/java-classpath_0.0.1-1_all.deb

Then read the file /usr/share/doc/java-classpath/README to see how it works.

For the impatient: run 'generate_classpath.pl leanedit' to generate a classpath for the LeanEdit application. No you don't need LeanEdit for that, it's just an example, and LeanEdit happens to be one of my Open Source projects.

If you agree to my idea, I would volunteer to develop and maintain this package. We will need a few additions to the Java policy, but more details later.

Regards,
Max