Re: Intend to NMU jikes

Hi Stefan,

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 11:21:36AM +0100, Stefan Gybas wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 12:38:52PM +0900, Takashi Okamoto wrote:
>
> > - Marcus Crafter <crafterm@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net> may be working for
> > jikes deb.
> >   Please ask him.
>
> That's why I posted the message here, to avoid duplicate work. I just want
> Tomcat 3.2.3-4 to make it into testing (I got 2 bug reports in the last 3
> days about a problem that's already fixed in unstable). Maybe someone of
> you should adopt the package if the maintainer is MIA.

	I attempted to contact Mike Goldman a couple of times over the
	past 4 months or so to see if he wanted to continue working
	on jikes - I also offered to take over the package if he didn't
	want it anymore.

	Unfortunately there has been no response, and according to
	http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-archive-manip.en.html#s-adopting package hijacking is not allowed, even if the original maintainer
	ignores us.

	Recently I filed the latest 'new upstream release' bug and attempted to
	contact Mike again if he wanted to continue working on it. No
	answer, so I was just about to send in an 'i think he's AWOL' email to
	debian-private as recommended in the above link.

	Seeing you've already done the NMU - if you want to maintain the
	package it's yours (I said this to the previous NMU'ers too).
	If not, let me know and I'll go ahead and send in an email to
	debian-private outlining the situation.

	How does this sound ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   Managesoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'     Email : Marcus.Crafter@managesoft.com
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: