Re: java library installation issues

* Per Bothner

| Egon Willighagen <egonw@subdimension.com> writes:
|
| > I like the idea of a Perl launcher...
|
| I hate the idea of requiring Perl in order to run Java ...
|
| Of course Debian can use whatever wrappers it will, but no Java
| application *I* manage will require Perl to run.

Debian already has perl-base at priority required, essential yes and
section base, so for us it won't make much of a difference.   Though I
too detest the idea of having to use a perl wrapper.  Let's start a
program which takes a while to start anyway through another
not-too-fast language..

--

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.