Enterprise java for linux HOWTO ?

Sorry for the cross-post nature of this email, but I think it is on
topic for all the target lists.

The Enterprise-java-for-linux-HOWTO document available on many linux
distributions is very out of date (Jan 1999).

  http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Enterprise-Java-for-Linux-HOWTO.html

I have just submitted some changed to the Linux Documentation Project
to add a Jetty section and to at least point to the jboss and tomcat
projects properly.

However, I neither have the time, overview or unbiased background to
completely update this document.  Thus if anybody out there wants to
contribute to all linux java projects, stepping forward as
a new maintainer for this document would be a great contribution.

Keeping it up to date in it's current form is a big ask, as it includes
installation details on each package.  However it would probably be
a more valuable document if it was scaled back to give introductions
to all the available packages and how they relate to each other and
the specifications.

If you are interested, I suggest you chat to Greg Ferguson
<gferg@hoop.timonium.sgi.com> of the Linux Documentation Project.

At the very least, individual projects should at least look at
updating their sections, but unguided this approach would result
in a bit of a inconsistent document.

regards

--
Greg Wilkins<gregw@mortbay.com>          GB  Phone: +44-(0)7092063462
Mort Bay Consulting Australia and UK.    Mbl Phone: +61-(0)4 17786631