Re: Summary of the idéas.

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Egon Willighagen wrote:

> On Tuesday 18 September 2001 14:44, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> >   Like, CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$INTERNALCLASSPATH before running
> >   the real jvm.
>
> I'm not really in favor of a system wide classpath; i prefer the current
> system where /usr/bin/XXXXprogram deals with this...
>
> But if the majority prefers it this way, at least make it:
> CLASSPATH=$INTERNALCLASSPATH:$CLASSPATH
> so that internal jars overwrite the general jars...

Bzzt.  Always append, not prepend.  If you do the above, how can I make quick
fixes?

Ie, when tracking down why something doesn't work, I make a copy of part of
the errant packages java source into my own tree, and start adding debug print
stmts.  I then have this added to the classpath.  With your scheme, the system
installed .class files would always be used, in preference to my own.