Re: The evils of /usr/share/java/repository

Just to chime in, as an occasional java user (ie.  "oh, this program
is in java, what do I have to figure out to run it -- oh, I can just
apt-get install these java libs") I agree - installed java packages
*should* be no less usable than installed C or Perl libraries.

Perhaps that implies that there's something different between what
/usr/bin/java should do and what some developer's tool should do...