Re: The evils of /usr/share/java/repository

> Jeff Turner <jeff@socialchange.net.au> writes:
>
> > If you want other jars to be considered "standard", put them in
> > $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/. This is a platform-independent equivalent
> > of what you're proposing.
>
> I'm proposing that the policy is that jars should be installed in
> $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/, except that it should install in a
> directory not specific to JDK.  I.e. there should be an "extensions"
> that in effect all JVMs search or some equivalent mechanism.

I agree. Due to the types of apps I always end up writing, there's a set of
.jars that I seem to use with every project. It would be nice to make them
available across JVM's as well, so I could try the app with a variety of
JVM's to see which one's don't work or which ones run fastest.

- Joe