Re: jBoss Package?

  I haven't heard of it. And yet I asked marc fleury (jboss project
  leader) the permission to create a deb package, but, you know, too
  much work :-(

  The best strategy for deployment is probably to go for a public_j2ee
  directory under each user's home directory.
  Just like there is public_html for apache. JBoss running under the
  jboss account. Datasource creation seems to be real tricky. Do you
  want postgres? MySQL? Oracle??? Maybe the forecoming automatic
  datasource creation will solve some of jboss.jcml configuration
  problems...

  Another worry, what servlet/JSP/HTTP server to use?
  Apache/Tomcat/Jetty/...? Which one are already shipping with debian,
  how to manage the dependencies and particularly, the possibility to
  have the servlet/JSP server integrated with JBoss (great for
  performances).

  And finally, what about the directory structure. JBoss has
  configuration directories (jboss/conf) and log directories (jboss/log),
  those should be located in the traditionnal /etc/jboss and
  /var/log locations. The configuration seems to be hardcoded, while the
  log files are defined in the log4j.properties configuration file.

  Anybody else using JBoss on debian?

  I'm joining my /etc/init.d/jboss script to this mail

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 11:35:51AM +0200, Markus Garscha wrote:
> Hi!
>
> is there anyone who made a jBoss .deb package? Adding a deb source in
> sources.list would be so delightful :)
>
> cu
> markus
#!/bin/sh -e

# Shell script to start and stop the server

NAME=jboss
# Three possibilities, tomcat, jetty or none
SERVLET=jetty
#SERVLET=tomcat
DESC="JBoss J2EE Server"
DEFAULT_USER=jboss
CLASS_START=org.jboss.Main
CLASS_STOP=org.jboss.Shutdown
JBOSS_HOME=/usr/local/JBoss-2.4.0.23_BETA-Jetty-3.1.RC6-1
JBOSS_CLASSPATH=/home/manu/develop/VVV/properties:$JBOSS_HOME/jboss/bin/run.jar:$JBOSS_HOME/jboss/lib/crimson.jar

JAXP=-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
JAXP="$JAXP -Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"

# Look for the right JVM to use
if [ -d /usr/lib/j2sdk1.3 ]; then
	JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/j2sdk1.3
	# JDK 1.2/1.3
	CLASSPATH="$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/rt.jar:$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar"
fi

if [ "$JAVACMD" = "" ] ; then
	if [ -d ${JAVA_HOME}/lib/i386 ] ; then
		# Probably SUN/Balckdown
		JAVACMD="$JAVA_HOME/bin/java -server"
	else
		# Probably Big Blue
		JAVACMD=$JAVA_HOME/bin/java
	fi
fi

case "$1" in
	start)
		echo -n "Starting $DESC: "
		cd $JBOSS_HOME/jboss/bin
		su - $DEFAULT_USER -m -c "$JAVACMD $JAXP -classpath $JBOSS_CLASSPATH $CLASS_START $SERVLET > /dev/null 2>&1 &"
		echo "$NAME."
		;;
	run)
		cd $JBOSS_HOME/jboss/bin
		echo $JAVACMD $JAXP -classpath $JBOSS_CLASSPATH $CLASS_START jetty
		su - $DEFAULT_USER -m -c "$JAVACMD $JAXP -classpath $JBOSS_CLASSPATH $CLASS_START $SERVLET"
		;;
	stop)
		echo -n "Stopping $DESC: "
		su - $DEFAULT_USER -m -c "$JAVACMD $JAXP -classpath $JBOSS_CLASSPATH:$JBOSS_HOME/jboss/lib/ext/jboss.jar $CLASS_STOP"
		echo "$NAME."
		;;
	restart)
		$0 stop
		sleep 1
		$0 start
		;;
	*)
		echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/jboss {start|run|stop|restart}" >&2
		exit 1
		;;
esac

exit 0