Re: org/w3c/dom duplicates in lib-dom-java and lib-openxml-java,libxerces-java!

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 01:54:52PM +0200, Egon Willighagen wrote:
> But it might indeed be "good" to place the interface classes in a seperate
> jar/package... this would enforce that the implementation *does* implement
> the actual interface, and not some look-a-like...

I'm don't think this is possible in all cases.  I don't know much
about the XML API's specifically, but for example the servlet API
(javax.servlet.*) consists of Java interfaces, abstract classes, and
concrete classes.  For interfaces, it may be ok to require only one
instance (even that is arguable), but for the classes, it is not
fair to allow only one implementation.

Andrew