Re: Sun's JDK version 1.3.0_02

* Aaron Brashears

| On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 02:27:18AM +0200, Guillermo Ontañón wrote:
| > For a development environment I use JBuilder 4, I think it's pretty good
| > and you can get the Foundation Edition for free from Borland.  Does
| > anyone know a GPL develpment environment for java?
|
| As mentioned before, jde is under a free (I think gpl) license.

It is GPL, yes.

| Luckily, it's easily installed with apt-get install jde, though it
| under contrib since the integrated with JDEbug, which requires a
| compilation by a non-free jdk.

No, it's in contrib because it depends on beanshell, which in turn
requires a non-free java compiler compiler library in order to build.
(I am the maintainer of both JDE and bsh, so I should know.. :)

I could probably get jde to build without bsh, so if there is any
interest in it..

--

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.