Re: Debian Java 2 1.3 package from Blackdown

    >> I'm talking to Sun about a possible amendment to our license which
    >> would allow our deb packages to go into Debian (non-free).  Currently
    >> I'm waiting for feedback from Sun's legal department.

    Nicolás> BTW, you are listed as the maintainer of the Blackdown
    Nicolás> packages, I'd like to make some comments about them:

    Nicolás>  * Shouldn't the configuration files be in a
    Nicolás>    not-versioned directory? When JDK 1.4 is released,
    Nicolás>    what will happen?

Good point.  I'll look into this.

    Nicolás>  * The j2sdk1.3 package is too big, and there are pretty
    Nicolás>    obvious splits that can be made, like: the library
    Nicolás>    source code, the demos, and perhaps the different
    Nicolás>    flavor of VMS.

[...and the Netscape/Mozilla plugins]

I'm working on this for 1.3.1.

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html