Re: threads with jdk1.3(sun) on potato

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 12:47:21PM -0800, Miten Mehta wrote:
| Hello,
| I have problem getting jdk to work well under debain.
| I suspect its got some thing to do with threads.
| certain gui demo applets like tictactoe first does not
| show up other than a dark window and those lines.
| when I click into one of boxes it dies with some
| thread exception.  any one found solution to it?

JDK 2 v1.3 from Sun seems to work just fine for me.  What would help
us out a little more when you're asking for help is to describe in
detail a few things:

    Version of the VM
    Manufacturer/Producer of the VM
    Name of the application you're running
    Version of the application you're running
    Description of the problem

Things to try:

    Run the application under different VM's
    Recompile the application if you have the source code with the
        compiler corresponding to the VM you'll be using.  (This
        should not matter, but it's worth a try anyway.)
        e.g. Compile the code w/IBM's javac if you'll run it with
        IBM's java VM.

If it works in one and not another, that's valuable debugging that you
can contribute to either the application or the VM developers.

Good Luck!

--
^chewie