Re: packaging jars vs. classes

> Ah, wouldn't that be nice.  If every package maintained compatibility
> release to release, we could do that.  But that doesn't always happen.
> For example, Kawa's package hierarchy is going through some
> reorganization, such that if I compile BRL against Kawa 1.6.67 won't
> work with Kawa 1.6.70 (solved just by recompiling).

Isn't that what the Debian package "conflicts" and "requires" settings are
for? If I compile Apache against libc5 and then replace libc5 with libc6,
Apache's going to break until I recompile, right? However, the Debian
packaging system safely navigated us through that migration... so I don't
see why it wouldn't work here.

- Joe