Re: ITP enhydra

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 10:16:17AM +1000, Bradley Marshall wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 03:39:21PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > > I intend to package Enhydra, an open source Java/XML application server
> > > <http://www.enhydra.org/software/enhydra/index.html>.  It is licensed as
> > > follows (according to <http://www.enhydra.org/software/license/>):
>
> I believe it is free, I looked into the license at some stage.
> The company I work for uses Enhydra pretty extensively, and
> has written a RAD tool for it, so if you need any help with it,
> let me know.

Well, I have started fiddling with it, and it doesn't look good.  In order to
compile, it seems to want access to Swing and JavaCC, both of which (to m
knowledge) are non-redistributable.  Is there a free Swing out there anywhere?

I have been able to get it running under Debian (minus the Swing components)
using the precompiled class files (JavaCC is only needed at compile-time).  Is
it acceptable to use the upstream binary tarball as the .orig for a Debian
source package, as it is architecture-independent?  Or must it compile from the
Java source?

--
 - mdz