Re: Java development on debian ppc

While I am not a communist I do have to agree with Stephane. The point
with Debian is to build a system that is not hamstrung by intellectual
property law. If you do not agree with that goal then complaining that
Debian cannot do this or that is a waste of both your time and ours.

I will happily try to get a Kaffe .deb built for PowerPC. I don't know
whether it is worth doing so with the 1.0.5 release, because it is now
way behind the current state of CVS. I need to get Transvirtual to do
a 1.0.6 release, but that is apparently a complex issue at the moment.

On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 11:37:09AM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Friday 30 June 2000, at 15 h 13,
> the keyboard of "C.M. Connelly" <c@eskimo.com> wrote:
>
> > Good for you.  But some people need or *want* to use software that
> > isn't ``free'' (as in speech).
>
> I don't pretend I will force them to be free. I'm not trying to stop them (I
> cannot). I just say that Debian should not devote too many efforts to run
> non-free stuff. If it runs, fine, it can help some people. If it doesn't...
> well if it is so necessary for some people, surely they will do whatever is
> needed to make it work?
>
> > Dismissing those people doesn't
> > help the cause of free software, it makes you look like an
> > ideologue.
>
> I am. And a communist, too.

Ean Schuessler                Director of New Products and Technologies
Brainfood, Inc.                  The Unstoppable Fist of Digital Action
--- Some or all of the above signature may be a joke