Re: ITP: mozilla-ldapsdk (Java LDAP classes)

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote on debian-devel:

> It is sufficient to compile with jikes and executes with kaffe (or with
> the JVM of Mozilla). Try it!

The problem is that I need core classes to compile with jikes. Now I have
the choice between the original classes from Sun or kaffe's reimplementation.

If I take kaffe's core classes the user might get an exception (like
IncompatibleClassChangeError) when using the compiled classes with Sun's
or IBM's classes and this is something I definitely want to avoid. So I
have no other choice than to build with Sun's core classes which in turn
means that the packages can't go into main because it needs non-free software
to build.

--
Stefan Gybas