JDK 1.2.2RC1 and JServ

I have JDK1.2.2 RC1 on a Debian box (potato). I have installed Apache JServ
and I configured everything to run using the JDK1.2.2 and almost all the
servlets are working ok. My problem is that I want to create a GIF from a
servlet. It is giving me the following error:

JServ: ajp12: Servlet Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
sun/awt/X11GraphicsEnvironment: sun/awt/X11GraphicsEnvironment

All other servlets work ok. Except the one I use to create the image. The
framebuffer (Xvfb) is running, it seems to connect to it ok but it cant find
the X11GraphicsEnvironment class. Can anyone help?

Faw