Re: packaging jars vs. classes

>>> Aaron Brashears <gila@gila.org> 09-Nov-00 6:17:55 PM >>>

>Though not yet in main, Stefan Gybas packaged
>Tomcat 3.2b6 recently for Debian. I've given it some simple
>tests, and it seems to work. He decided to make
>/usr/share/java/webapps the place to dump war
>files. The war files are then unpacked into
>/var/lib/tomcat/webapps during the init.d startup for tomcat.
>This seems like a very reasonable scheme and would even
>allow different j2ee compliant servlet/jsp to share the same
>webapp repository.

Yes... wouldn't it have some problems though if jar files inside the
webapp specified extensions to be loaded from relative paths?

The relative path they would find would be /usr/share/java/webapps
which would presumably not be the place one would find normal jar
files.

(I don't know if this is the case ot not - I haven't tested it).

Nic