Re: advantage of /usr/share/java/repository over /usr/share/java?

On Thursday 14 September 2000, at 11 h 52, the keyboard of
brlewis@users.sourceforge.net wrote:

> Consensus among whom?  Do Debian developers who don't care about Java
> have to be involved, or can it just be those on the debian-java list.

There is no clear policy on Debian about how subpolicies (Emacs, Apache, Java,
Perl, etc) are choosen. Typically, an informal combination of the will of one
editor plus a rough consensus on the appropriate mailing list.

> One pertinent question: Who's willing to do the work of making Java
> packages work according to such a policy?

As a self-proclaimed editor of the Java policy, me?