Re: A suggestion to list core classes

Yeah, this is kind of good. I was thinking about a system where each Java
aware package puts a file in an /etc dir, with init.d looking priorities.

So you might have:

/etc/java/classpaths/
    00_Kaffe.txt
    10_JServ.txt
    .
    .
    .

All of these would get sourced to form a composite CLASSPATH. I hadn't really
considered the base class problem. Maybe a combination of the two systems.

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 10:05:25AM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> >From Edouard G. Parmelan <egp@free.fr>, one of the Kaffe upstream developers,
> a proposal to the Java policy:
>
> Each java-virtual-machine comes with a /etc/java-core-classes (using
> alternatives to manage it). This file contains the list of jars and
> directories with core classes.
>
> For Kaffe, here is an example:
>
>     # Kaffe Core Classes
>     /usr/share/kaffe/Klasses.jar
>     /usr/share/kaffe/comm.jar
>     /usr/share/kaffe/pjava.jar
>     /usr/share/kaffe/servlet.jar
>     /usr/share/kaffe/rmi.jar
>     #/usr/share/kaffe/tools.jar
>     #/usr/share/kaffe/microsoft.jar
>     #/usr/share/kaffe/kjc.jar
>
> And may be, to help Jikes:
>
>     # Debian policy for Java
>     /usr/share/java/repository
>
> Advice?

Ean Schuessler                                 A guy running Linux
Brainfood, Inc.                            A company running Linux
*** WARNING: This signature may contain jokes.