Re: Examples of PostgreSQL JDBC driver fail

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Hugues Marilleau wrote:

> > [29/08/2000 11:43:43:737 CEST] java.lang.NullPointerException:
> > 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.testConditional(HttpServlet.java:334)
> > 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:270)
> > 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:311)
> > 	at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:314)
> > 	at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
> > 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)
>
> I didn't have things like that, I think it is a problem with one of
> your servlet, are you running some servlet ? I use only Cocoon (not
> the .deb included in Debian because it is too old, I take a binary tgz
> and installed in /usr/local) and Jwebmail (a servlet WebMail, a .deb
> is provided by the author).
No I havn't any other servlets than JServ itself and some written by
my own which shouldn't run because I havn't called them before.

> # Log Level for this module
> # Syntax: ApJServLogLevel [debug|info|notice|warn|error|crit|alert|emerg]
> # Default: info    (unless compiled w/ JSERV_DEBUG, in which case it's debug)
> ApJServLogLevel notice
I've done this.  My problem was the output from inside the servlets
(errormessages etc.) where send to /dev/null.  If I would manage to get
my servlets working I'll see if this logging is done or not. But *if* ...

> Sorry, I didn't installed a deb for the JDBC driver and I have not make
> one (not the knowledge to make deb). But I can send you my postgresql.jar,
> it is 177 ko and works with postgresql 7.0.2-4.
I would like to test it, may be it works ....

Kind regards

          Andreas.