Re: generating java from .jsp

On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 02:02:34PM +0200, Robert Varga wrote:

> How can one generate the java servlet code for a JSP page source?

It's not that easy: First you need a JSP parser (JspParser.java in
GNUJSP), then you need to create a java class from a template
(JavaEmitter.java). If you want to detect errors, that's 2000+ lines
of code.

> What is the method which is called in gnujsp?

It's not a single method - that is basically GNUJSP.

> I would like to write a tool which tests an arbitrary number of JSP pages
> for compile-time detectable errors (errors which prevent generating the
> java source, and errors which prevent the compilation of this java
> source).

You could use the jsp_precompile parameter when requesting a page,
e.g. "wget http://localhost/my_page.jsp?jsp_precompile=true";. Put
all those URLs in a file and use "wget -i".

--
Stefan Gybas