Re: ITP: mozilla-ldapsdk (Java LDAP classes)

Per Bothner wrote:

> Seems unlikely.  You should only get IncompatibleClassChangeError
> if there is a bug in the Kaffe implementation, since the standard
> classes are not allowed to change interfaces.

I know this and I was actually taling about kaffe bugs. I did not experience
such an exception myself yet (because I never really tried kaffe) but got
lots of bug reports from people running servlets with jserv. After switching
to IBM's JDK their servlets worked fine so I was considering adding a
"Conflicts: kaffe" to jserv.

I would certainly prefer if all my Java packages were in main but unless
there is a *fully working* free JVM I have to live with contrib. People
always ask me when I last tried kaffe and when I say that this was about 6
months ago they tell me to try again because there were a lot of improvements
in kaffe. So I give kaffe another try and there really were improvements but
all the larger applications (e.g. Cocoon, Together/J, ...) still fail.

--
Stefan Gybas