Re: serial port io

Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org> writes:

> I have never tried it seems that RXTX <http://www.rxtx.org/> would be usefull.
>
> >From the Intro page:
> RXTX is a native lib providing serial and parallel communication for the Java
> Development Toolkit (JDK). All deliverables are under the gnu LGPL license.

It works. And it is available as a Debian package. I've used it
successfully to communicate with other PCs over the serial line via a
null modem cable (linux and win*) and to drive an industrial
printer. It is possible to use the same Java code.

Bye
  Christian

--
Dipl.-Ing. Christian Leutloff, Aachen, Germany  christian@leutloff.de