Re: Please help: JServ logging not solved yet

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Edouard G. Parmelan wrote:

> > Found 3 semantic errors compiling "LogWriter.java":
> >
> >      5. public class LogWriter extends PrintStream
> >                      <--------------------------->
> > *** Error: No match was found for constructor "PrintStream()".
>
> Class PrintStream have only constructors: PrintStream(OutputStream out)
> and PrintStream(OutputStream out, boolean autoFlush).  You should write
> a constructor in LogWriter that call one of them.
OK, I could try that but what about the claiming that there is no
method log() in GenericServlet?  Looking into the definition of
GenericServlet in the Servlet 2.1 API doc and also in GenericServlet.java
i can see clearly its definition.

What's wrong here?

Kind regards

           Andreas.