Re: New version of the Debian-java FAQ

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 01:19:29PM +0200, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 08:52:02AM +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> > In practice, look for "open source" in Altavista and you'll see what I mean.
>
> I find more confusion when searching for "free software" than when
> searching for "open source".  Your point?

Since we're Debian, if we say Open Source, anybody who knows anything about
the beer vs. speech issue will know that we mean truly open, as in free
speech.  Same thing applies if we said Free.  OTOH, if we were some
traditionally-closed-source-let-alone-free-speech software company, then we
would have to be more explicit.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
DUPS Secretary ; http://is2.dal.ca/~dups/