FAQ-java draft

	Well, as I promised some days ago I submit here a draft of a
could-be debian-java FAQ. BTW the links pointing to the vajava package are
not yet available since my machine is not quite "ready" yet :(
	¿Anyone knows the license of Visual Age Java for Linux (from IBM)?

	I accept all kinds of suggestions and text written or new questions.
I will browse throught the mailing list in order to get some answers :)

	Regards

	Javi

PD: BTW the original  is written in debiandoc-sgwml
                             Debian Java FAQ.
                             ----------------

             Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org>

Resumen
-------

     Answers to Frequently Asked Questions on Debian and Java.

Nota de Copyright
-----------------

     Copyright (C) 1998,1999 Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña

Contenidos
----------

     1.        Introduction
     1.1.      What is java?
     1.2.      Why would I be interested in Java?
     1.3.      Where can I read more about Java?

     2.        Java platforms
     2.1.      What java platforms are available in Debian?
     2.2.      Which are free platforms and how can I contribute?
     2.3.      Why is not Sun's jdk 1.2 available?

     3.        Java Compilers
     3.1.      What Java compilers are available in Debian?

     4.        Java programs
     4.1.      What java related programs are available in Debian?
     4.2.      What virtual packages could I use?
     4.3.      What Java programs have an installer?
     4.4.      What Java programs could I develop an installer to?

1. Introduction
---------------

1.1. What is java?
------------------

1.2. Why would I be interested in Java?
---------------------------------------

1.3. Where can I read more about Java?
--------------------------------------

        * http://www.javasoft.com

        * http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.htlm for specific information
          for Linux.

2. Java platforms
-----------------

2.1. What java platforms are available in Debian?

        * Sun's jdk

        * guavac

        * kafee

        * ibm

2.2. Which are free platforms and how can I contribute?

2.3. Why is not Sun's jdk 1.2 available?

     Due to license problems.

3. Java Compilers
-----------------

3.1. What Java compilers are available in Debian?

        * `guavac'.  The compiler of Effective Edge Technologies.

        * `tya'.  A just in time compiler

4. Java programs
----------------

4.1. What java related programs are available in Debian?

4.1.1. Deban 2.1 'slink'
------------------------

        * `vrwave'.  A Java VRML browser.

        * `icq-java'.  An installer for the ICQJava program.

        * `jde'.  A Java Development Environmet for Emacs.

        * `jlex'.  A lexical analyser generator similar to the UNIX `lex'.

        * `mmake'.  A generator of Makefiles for java programs.

        * `libpgjava'.  A java class that enables communication with the
          PostgreSQL database using JDBC.

        * `cup'.  A parser similar to `yacc'.

        * `ilu-javadev'.  Development header and libraries for the
          Inter-Language Unification System.

4.2. What virtual packages could I use?

        * `java-virtual-machine'

        * `java-compiler'

4.3. What Java programs have an installer?

        * `vajava' is a visual IDE for Java.  You can find it in
          http://software.ibm.com/ad/vajava._TODO: check copyright_.  The
          installer can be found at
          http://www.dat.etsit.upm.es/~jfs/debian/vajava.

4.4. What Java programs could I develop an installer to?

        * Put some