Re: A packaging scheme...

On Tuesday 28 September 1999, at 12 h 12, the keyboard of "Ean R . Schuessler"
<ean@novare.net> wrote:

> One of the irritating things about the Java packaging scheme is that you
> get this functional disassociation because of the organizational boundries.
>
> In other words, you have:
>
> net.novare.ExpiringHashtable
> Instead of org.gnu.regex.Regex you might have lgpl.regex.Regex.

If I understand the proposal properly, I see a big problem: this will move us away from the rest of the world. A lot of people uses the organizational naming scheme. Whatever its defaults, I do not find a good idea to change from something Debian-specific.