Re: A packaging scheme...

 Ean> Instead of org.gnu.regex.Regex you might have
 Ean> lgpl.regex.Regex. The nice thing being that you wouldn't see
 Ean> anything in lgpl.* linking in something from gpl.*, because that
 Ean> would break the license. There are some disadvantages,
 Ean> obviously, but the process of linking is tightly coupled with
 Ean> copyright licenses and is also less politically charged than
 Ean> organizational attributions. This way, when someone takes over a
 Ean> piece of code perhaps they will feel less inclined to completely
 Ean> change the package the code lives in to their specific
 Ean> organization.

What if I want to release a regex package under the lgpl.  Should I
have to rename mine so that it doesn't conflict with gnu's?  This
seems like it would place a large burden on different organizations
not to step on each others toes.  So much that I can't imagine anyone
actually following it.  I certainly don't want to deal with
conflicting with Joe Random java programmer's gpled util.ByteTools
with my own.

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres@ioa.com>         |  Blessed Be!