Re: Versions for java-virtual-machine

On Thursday 16 September 1999, at 20 h 5, the keyboard of Julio
<julio@pobox.com> wrote:

> matters here is the Java virtual machine specification. I agree that using jdk
> compliance is not a good thing, but it'd be better to provide a more complete
> list of what a jdk provides. For example, jdk 1.1 provides a virtual machine 1.

And kaffe 1.0.b4? What version of the VM does it provide? And gcj compiles
which version of the language? One of the problems with versioning is that
compliance to a specific version of the VM spec (for the JVMs) or to a
specific version of the language (for compilers) is typically not documented
(or well hidden).