Re: jdk1.2 says "can't find libjava.so"

>>>>> Louis-David Mitterrand writes:

    Louis-David> After doing my daily "apt-get upgrade" on a potato
    Louis-David> machine with blackdown java2 now I get:

    Louis-David> % /usr/local/jdk1.2/bin/java
    Louis-David> Error: can't find libjava.so.

    Louis-David> Has anybody got the same problem? I tried adding the
    Louis-David> library path to /etc/ld.so.conf or to LC_LIBRARY_PATH
    Louis-David> to no avail.

    Louis-David> Could somone shed light on what the issue could be?
    Louis-David> I'd like to understand at least..

shellutils_2.0-3 is broken, downgrade shellutils to version 2.0-2.1.
http://guiness.cs.uni-dortmund.de/~kreilede/debian/shellutils_2.0-2.1.deb

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Porting Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html