Re: A bug against kaffe fror Java programs which fail?

If you can isolate those bugs in a useful way. If I am going to process
them, however, I would prefer that any bug you report is accompanied by a
patch trying to fix the problem. "I tried to run JBuilder3 and it won't
work" is not going to be useful to anyone. While Kaffe support is not
comprehensive I will tell you that I am able to run complex page generation
servlets with database support with JServ + Kaffe + Apache and it works
quite nicely.

It all depends on what you are trying to do.

So, in short, yes. Bug reports will be good and I will try to manage the
process of funneling them to the Kaffe-Core + Transvirtual guys. But, I
don't want the extra overhead unless we are going to be providing very
high quality bug reports.

On Mon, Sep 06, 1999 at 03:58:55PM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> Many Java programs in Debian work with the JDK and fail with kaffe (there is
> apparently no other Java VM packaged for more comparisons and kaffe is the
> only free one). I believe these are bugs in kaffe itself. Do you accept/wish
> that I fill in a bug report in each case, trying to pinpoint the precise mode
> of failure?

Ean Schuessler                Director of New Products and Technologies
Novare International Inc.        The Unstoppable Fist of Digital Action
--- Some or all of the above signature may be a joke