Position open for a bioinformatician in RIKEN Yokohama, Japan.

Dear all,

the team where I do my research, in the Omics Science Center of the RIKEN
Yokohama institute (Japan) is opening a position for a bioinformatician in a
joint project with the RIKEN Brain Science Institute (Wakô, Japan).

In this project, we will analyse the synaptic plasticity by performing a global
analysis of the RNAs present in the dendrites of the Purkinje cells of the
cerebellum (that are very big neurons with a lot of ramifications, which is why
they are often the target of scientific experimentation). The analysis will
generate a lot of data, in the order of a gigabyte of nucleic acid sequences.
We have developped methods to use these sequences in a quantitative manner
to determine which gene is activated by our experiments.

We are looking for a new collaborator who would participate to the data
analysis. We welcome candidatures from the level of technical staff to
post-doctoral researcher.

The project, and therefore the contract, will last until September 31st 2011.

There is an open call on the RIKEN website:
http://www.riken.jp/engn/r-world/info/recruit/k091105_s_osc.html

Do not hesitate to forward it to your contacts who may be interested.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy, Ph.D. -- plessy@riken.jp  --  Tel: 045-503-9219
RIKEN Yokohama Institute -- Omics Science Center