Re: Recent upgrade in Lenny botched CJK fonts

On Mon Dec  8 at 14:20 (+0100), Josselin Mouette wrote:
> If some CJK fonts are missing on your system, you should simply install
> the corresponding ttf-* font packages.

But they're not missing: I used to have Japanese characters in my apps
and now only get character codes instead (true also with other non-latin
characters).  Besides, I can still see the fonts in font selecting apps,
so there really is no doubt they're installed.  They just seem to be
invisible to apps needing them.

Just haven't had time to dig into this and try and understand exactly
what is going on.

Cheers,
Thomas
--