Re: Japanese Input Method similar to Windows IME?

こんにちは、

You need either UIM or SCIM. I prefer UIM, but I've started learning Chinese
today and couldn't get both Japanese and Chinese working with it. However,
SCIM is working with both nicely. If you need help setting these up you can
mail me directly if you like, I can also be found in #debian-japanese on
freenode.

Oh, and Japanese for Busy People is a good series, I think you need to go
through a more "repeat after me" course first before you can appreciate
Japanese for Busy People. The Oxford Take Off in Japanese has cheesy music,
and a few mistakes but is a good start in my opinion. Getting a kids origami
book and trying to read the instructions is a fun way of learning too.

Take it easy,

Daniel.