Re: Warnings on Japanese man pages

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 03:49:40PM +0900, kmuto@debian.org wrote:
> At 23 Jan 06 23:35:21 GMT, Nicolas François wrote:
> > I've noticed Japanese man pages generate a lot of warnings (e.g. see
> > http://lintian.debian.org/reports/Tmanpage-has-errors-from-man.html).
> > I think most of these warnings are false positive.
> > For example, "man -Lja whatis > /dev/null" outputs some "can't break line"
> > or "cannot adjust line" warnings.
> >
> > Is it also the case on a Japanese environment?
>
> You can ignore the warnings.
>
> man command often confuses when it faces multibyte characters without
> setting the locale (for Japanese, ja_JP.UTF-8 or ja_JP.EUC-JP).
> It works good on Japanese environment.

Thanks.
I've submitted a patch to lintian to avoid the "can't break line" or
"cannot adjust line" warnings on Japanese patches

I have another question regarding Japanese manpages.
The rpm.8 Japanese translation is encoded in UTF-8. I don't think it is
correct (man expects an page encoded in EUC-JP). Can anybody check if the
page is displayed correctly?

Thanks in advance,
--
Nekral