Re: Ebview and Gjiten

G'Day,

Adrien <pied@pied.mine.nu> writes:

> Eventually succeeded with ebview, after writing a mail to its developper.
> He told me that my dictionnaries weren't in the good format (freepwing),
> and gave me an url.
>>From that url, get the dictionnary, "オリジナルデータ" and that should
> be okay.

There is a debian package for a freepwing formatted version of edict:
      http://packages.debian.org/unstable/text/edict-fpw

I have filed a wishlist bug to add compdict, but am afraid have not
made the time to do it myself, and the maintainer seems to be very
busy (^_^).

The latest version of ebview (0.3.6-1) recommends edict-fpw.  For some
reason it doesn't seem to be visible from the package search today
(although I have it installed).  Likewise edict-fpw can depend on
ebview in the latest version.

--
Francis Bond  <www.kecl.ntt.co.jp/icl/mtg/members/bond/>
NTT Communication Science Laboratories | Machine Translation Research Group