Re: gs-aladdin and Japanese fonts

Tetsuji Rai wrote:

> When I handle a ps file including Japanese fonts gs-aladdin
> doesn't handle Japanese characters.  English characters are
> fine.   It always complain whenever it finds Japanese
> characters:

Last November I asked the same question on this list. The answer
was: "Install gs-esp, and do "update-alternatives --config gs".

You do not need gs-aladdin and vflib to print Japanese. Just
ordinary gs works (with gs-cjk-resource), but because of a bug,
gs-esp has to be used instead of gs. See the archives of this list
(November 2003).

Regards, Jan