Re: Japanese support in mutt / KDE and debian in general

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 10:14:10AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> >    For example, to enable nice large display of English, Russian, Japanese,
> >    Chinese, and Korean characters, add following to your ~/.Xresources after
> >    installing all the pertinent fonts:
> >
> >       ! set large font
> >       UXTerm*font: -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-18-120-100-100-c-90-iso10646-1
> >       ! Use XIM for Japanese
> >       *inputMethod: kinput2
>

> Thank you very much. Language-env already sets input-Method to :
> *inputMethod: XIM

> Which one shall I keep?

When I was suffering through kinput2, I had:
! kinput2 stuff
*IMProtocol.locales: en_AU,ja_JP
*international: True
*.inputMethod: kinput2
!*.preeditType: OverTheSpot
!*.preeditType: OnTheSpot
*ConversionStartKeys: <Key>Super_L
!Vim*preeditType: OnTheSpot

I dunno exactly which of the preeditType lines I had enabled
way back when though...

The IMProtocol.locales line meant I could leave all of my
locale settings as en_AU.UTF-8 and still enjoy a
fully-japanese-supporting environment. :-)

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.