Mozilla and Japanese

I use mozilla-firebird as my main browser, but when comes the time to write
japanese, i have to lauch galeon, which is a gtk application, so that im-ja
or canna works. I read that i can compile mozilla-firebird with gtk so that
im-ja works with it (and it does indeed), but i don t really feel like
compiling it...
I was then wondering if someone could make a package of mozilla with gtk
included, so that we could just apt-get it, and input some japanese easily
(for non Japanese native speakers, as i don t want to use a whole browser
with unkown kanjis written everywhere yet :P).

And by the way, how can i translate sentences to check them when writing a
text or a mail, without using a net translator such as world.altavista.com ?
I read there were some dictionnaries, but i don t know if i have to copy paste
from vi to it, or if it is supposed to be able to work with any text editor
or else.

Les paroles sinceres sont rarement elegantes
Les paroles elegantes sont rarement sinceres