Re: IBM Thinkpad X23 and modem (maybe a little OT)

Thanks Osamu,

[translation]

but that's not the problem, which I have. I think there are differences between the IBM models. Some have the Winmodem and some have the AMR-Softmodem. I have checked it with some presentation-models (only WinXP) at known resellers in Japan but only for the latest X24. Some of them have a Winmodem and some have a Softmodem. I think it depends on the other stuff like WiFi or Bluetooth. That's why I'd like to compare the output of lspci.

I read the man-pages of the ltmodem-drivers and they expect a special vendor- and device-ID which I don't have. That's why I didn't install the driver to prevent my system from damaging.

Anyway, thanks a lot for translation, as I am learning Japanese.

Any other comments?

Andreas