Re: Creating PDFs from Japanese Docbook XML

On 30 Aug 2002 15:21:29 +0900
Olaf Meeuwissen <olaf@epkowa.co.jp> wrote:

> Creating PDF from English documents works fine with xmlto, but I
> haven't much of a clue for the Japanese ones.  I am aware of ptex
> and jtex but have never used them.  All hints very welcome!

Most people are using ptex, which is happy to process EUC input, but
does not process UTF-8.

It's trivial to convert from UTF-8 to EUC, using iconv, like

iconv -f EUC-JP -t UTF-8 <input.tex > output.tex
and then process the output with ptex.

AFAIK some people created japanese PDF from docbook SGML in
a similar manner.

regards,
	junichi

--