Gtk2 kanji antialiasing

I'm trying to get antialiasing working here with kanji.
I think I installed every japanese font that was available
in Debian.

First:
$ gtk-demo

Japanese fonts of course work, and are not antialiased.

Now:
$ GDK_USE_XFT=1 gtk-demo

Now text is antialiased but it only render Western fonts,
no kanji (nor greek nor hebrew, but these aren't really important for
me).

I think that I did one of:
1. forgot to install something
2. did not configure something
3. configure something wrong

About point 1, packages that are installed here that seems to be
relevant are:

All fonts suggested by task/localization/japanese, that is:
    asiya24-vfont
    ttf-xtt-wadalab-gothic
    ttf-xtt-watanabe-mincho
    watanabe-vfont
    xfonts-a12k12
    xfonts-base
    xfonts-intl-japanese
    xfonts-intl-japanese-big
    xfonts-kappa20
    xfonts-marumoji
    xfonts-shinonome
Many other ttf japanese and "cjk" fonts from Debian, including:
    ttf-arphic-bkai00mp
    ttf-arphic-bsmi00lp
    ttf-arphic-gbsn00lp
    ttf-arphic-gkai00mp
    ttf-kochi-gothic
    ttf-kochi-mincho
    ttf-xwatanabe-mincho
X font server and packages related to X font system, including:
    xfs-xtt
    fttools
    ttmkfdir

About point 2/3:
Here is my /etc/X11/XftConfig:

# $XFree86: xc/lib/Xft/XftConfig.cpp,v 1.5 2000/12/14 23:03:53 keithp Exp $

dir "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
dir "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType"
dir "/usr/share/fonts/truetype"

#
# alias 'fixed' for 'mono'
#
match any family == "fixed"             edit family =+ "mono";

#
# Check users config file
#
includeif       "~/.xftconfig"

#
# Alias between XLFD families and font file family name, prefer local
# fonts
#
match any family == "charter"           edit family += "bitstream charter";
match any family == "bitstream charter" edit family =+ "charter";

And relevant parts of /etc/X11/XF86Config-4:

Section "Files"
        FontPath        "unix/:7100"                    # local font server
        # if the local font server has problems, we can fall back on these
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load    "GLcore"
        Load    "bitmap"
        Load    "dbe"
        Load    "ddc"
        Load    "dri"
        Load    "extmod"
        Load    "glx"
        Load    "int10"
        Load    "pex5"
        Load    "record"
        Load    "speedo"
        Load    "type1"
        Load    "vbe"
        Load    "xie"
        Load    "xtt"
EndSection

I hope all this will let you easily find out what did I do wrong.